This course tells you what asbestos is, some common building materials that contain asbestos, recognizing damaged ACM, relevant regulations, and what to do if you discover damaged asbestos.
Most people cannot tell whether building materials contain asbestos just by looking at them. Asbestos awareness training is essential for any worker in construction or related industries where asbestos containing materials may be present. If you need to work in environments where asbestos may be present, attending this course will assist you to identify materials likely to contain asbestos, and teach you the safety requirements for working with asbestos.
- Identifying relevant Federal and State regulations that
- Explaining what asbestos is and where is it has commonly been used
- Identifying likely asbestos containing material
healtheffects of exposure to asbestos
- Identifying when a license is required when removing asbestos
- Describing the safety requirements of working around asbestos
- What details are available in a thorough asbestos survey for your building